Ministry Profile and Summary
Effective and experienced communicator.
DISC Profile: “I” with a high “D”.
Full-time staff experience as a Lead/Senior or Associate Pastor in churches from 250 to 5,000.
Long record of helping individuals through pastoral counsel and coachinig.
Experience with staff hiring and support in multiple settings.
Led and developed ministries to singles, couples and families, large events, small groups, midweek events and support groups.
Launched a church “re-start” with less than 40 people and significant debt. In one year, the church consisted of mostly un-churched and de-churched people, was debt-free and self-supporting.
Personal: Married since 1985 to Joy with two married children and two grandchildren
Community 43 (licensed outpatient adult mental health treatment center), Nov. 2020 - present
• Counseling and program development
Independent Contractor, 2017 - present
• Life & Relationships Coaching
• Software programming (OptimumHQ system)
• AV tech services for large event production companies
Desert Springs Bible Church, Phoenix AZ: Associate Pastor (part-time), September 2018 – present
• Teaching in services, developing marriage workshops, Bible studies, pastoral counsel/coaching.
Genesis Church, Phoenix AZ: Teaching Pastor & Director of Worship, Music & Media, May 2011 – March 2017
• Teaching (25% to 30% of Sunday sermons plus mid-week program), Pastoral Counseling/Coaching, Staff Oversight,
Worship Arts (including music, service planning, media, etc.), Communications and Benevolence Ministry.
Hill Country Bible Church, Austin TX: Singles Pastor, April 2007 – February 2011
• Singles Ministry, Pastoral Counseling/Coaching, Pulpit Teaching.
Echo Mountain Church, Phoenix, AZ: Senior Pastor, May 1999 – March 2007
• Led a church “re-start” effort (initiated and supported by Scottsdale Bible Church), targeting and reaching un-churched and de-churched individuals and families in the surrounding community.
Scottsdale Bible Church, Scottsdale, AZ: College, Singles Pastor, February 1992 – April 1999
• Developed and led College, Young Adults & Singles Ministries.
Calvary Church, Santa Ana, CA: Pastor to College Students, May 1989 – January 1992
• After seven years as a member, I was hired to lead the ministry to college students.
• Biola University, B.A. Biblical Theology 1990 (NewTestamentemphasis).
• Additional studies at Phoenix Seminary and Center for Biblical Hebrew, both in Phoenix AZ.
• Grove School of Music, Studio City, CA 1980–81 (Music Theory, Guitar).
Additional Professional Experience
• Musician: recording, writing, performing and teaching (Phoenix & Austin, 2000 – 2020).
• Arizona Bible College: Adjunct Instructor (Phoenix,1994–1995).